February 4, 2017 Phuket, Thailand: JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa is once again very proud to be listed in the 2017 Travellers’s Choice Awards, by the world’s largest travel site, TripAdvisor.
Phuket – 22 December, 2016: JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa, a five star luxury resort located on the finest and pristine Mai Khao Beach of Phuket
Phuket, 24 November 2016 – Phuket’s high season is starting with the perfect weather to welcome travellers from around the world.
PHUKET, THAILAND (NOVEMBER 21, 2016) – Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort has appointed Stephen Radcliffe as its new General Manager.
Phuket, Thailand, 9/26/2016 – Today, the most iconic and visionary name in hospitality, Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR), expands to include 30 of the most desirable and prestigious hotel brands with the addition of the Starwood Hotels & Resorts portfolio.
First international hotel brand in Phuket Old Town reveals the island beyond the beach
- Novotel Phuket Phokeethra is AccorHotels’ homage to the historic heart of this resort island. Situated close to the old quarter with its ancient architecture, Buddhist temples and Taoist shrines, the hotel offers inquisitive travellers an opportunity to immerse themselves in a time when prosperity first arrived on the island – not from tourists, but from the settlers who came from the Arabian Peninsula, China, India and Portugal, leaving behind a stunning heritage and blend of architecture.
- This is Phuket beyond the beach, where the curious can meander down charming streets lined with well-preserved Sino-Portuguese shophouses and mansions, many of which have been repurposed as boutiques and fabric shops, galleries, coffee shops and restaurants. Foodies can embark on a culinary journey at the bustling markets, street stalls and shophouse restaurants that offer distinctive local flavours, or discover the town’s fascinating past by exploring Dibuk, Thalang, Phang Nga, Yaowarat and Krabi roads by foot.
- The midscale Novotel brand offers travellers an ‘easy-living experience’ with spacious and modular rooms and stand-out meeting facilities with a commitment to guest wellbeing. Patrick Basset, Chief Operating Officer of AccorHotels Upper Southeast and Northeast Asia, says, “Novotel Phuket Phokeethra showcases the brand’s new eNergize identity with a collection of rejuvenating wellness facilities that sets a new benchmark under the Novotel brand. The hotel’s location in historic Phuket Old Town offers guests travelling to the ever-popular island an opportunity to experience a colourful side of one of Thailand’s oldest cities”
- Featuring 180 spacious rooms and suites with city, mountain and bay views, the hotel’s stylish rooms offer premium bathroom amenities, LCD TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi and minibars. For wellness, fitness and relaxation, the hotel has a spa, gym and an indoor pool.
- An elegant counterpoint to the abundant street fare outside the hotel, the all-day dining restaurant, AMOR, serves delicious local and international cuisine, and the Sino-Portuguese-inspired Estrela Sky Lounge offers breathtakingly panoramic views of the city, the bay and the mountains, while the chic lobby lounge, LUA, is an inviting rendezvous point.
- For meetings, events and conferences, the hotel can accommodate up to 850 guests in its state-of-the-art Grand Ballroom with vaulted ceilings and offers four additional meeting rooms.
- With more than 30 beaches on the island, guests will never be far from the sea – Patong Beach, Kata Beach and Karon Beach are just a short ride from the hotel. A five-minute drive to Thalang Road and Promthep Clock Tower in Phuket Old Town and 40 minutes from Phuket International Airport, the hotel is located at 40 Chanajaroen Road, Tambol Talad Yai, Amphur Muang Phuket.
- From October 1st to December 20st, 2016, guests can enjoy a two-night stay at Novotel Phuket Phokeethra from THB 3,450+++ per night inclusive of a THB 1,000 credit that can be used on dining or spa treatments.
- For reservations please e-mail H9932-RE@accor.com, call +66 (0) 76-397-777, or visit www.novotel.com/9932 for more information.
The Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort has won the “Best Island Resort for MICE” in the 2016 China Travel & Meetings Industry Awards – Business Travel & MICE. The awards ceremony, hosted by M&C China, Northstar Travel Group, took place in Beijing, 6 September, 2016.
Since its debut in 2002, China Travel & Meetings Industry Awards, organized by Travel Weekly China, have recognized the best enterprises in China’s travel, meeting and incentive industry.
The Similan Ballroom in the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort opened in 2014. It has since attracted a large variety of meetings and conferences from across Asia and China.
“Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort is committed to MICE excellence,” said Ms Elaine Wang, China Marketing Representative for Outrigger Resorts who accepted the award on behalf of Outrigger. “The high-end technical support and variety of meeting spaces allow Outrigger in Phuket to extend its unique passion for meetings and team building to event organizers around the world,” she said.
Open since April 2013, the Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort occupies a prime position between a tropical lagoon and the sparkling waters of the Andaman Sea. The Similan Ballroom and three meeting rooms position Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort as one of the best medium-sized meeting facilities, not just in Phuket and Thailand, but in Southeast Asia.
Conference guests benefit from a range of high-end in-house AV equipment and technical support that ensure high quality productions. A few steps away, the setting is perfect for a variety of events outdoors. Extensive gardens and a peaceful beachfront create inspirational settings for team-building activities and outdoor banquets.
In addition, the greater resort community of Laguna Phuket offers the 18-hole Laguna Golf Club, award-winning spas, land excursions and sea tours to the Andaman Sea as well as more than 30 restaurants and bars. The Outrigger property is a 20-minute road transfer from Phuket International Airport.
Guided by more than 69 years of family leadership, Outrigger Enterprises Group operates and/or has under development 38 properties with approximately 8,000 rooms located in Hawaii (Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Hawaii Island); Guam; Fiji; Thailand; Mauritius; and the Maldives. As part of its unique hospitality offering, the values-based company extends exceptional hospitality and authentic cultural experiences, incorporating local traditions and customs into the guest experience at each of its properties worldwide.
Amari Phuket team, led by Pierre-Andre Pelletier, Vice President and Area General Manager, South Thailand (first right from banner) and Tipaporn Koonphol, Deputy General Manager (second right from banner) recently organised Fire Drill and Evacuation Drill training
Long summer nights are best spent overlooking the lapping waves of the Andaman Sea from your private 40 sqm terrace, and THE NAI HARN is offering the chance to do just that for additional night
Swissotel Resort Phuket Patong Beach is a luxury lifestyle resort; a place where you can enjoy warm and friendly Thai hospitality along with Swiss service in Patong Beach. An ideal destination for guests of all ages.
Swissotel Resort Phuket Patong Beach is located in a convenient spot in close proximity to the vibrant shopping and nightlife centre, yet still within a few minutes’ walk to famous Patong Beach.
The hotel offers 383 guestrooms with either city or pool views; some are pool access and spacious suites. The interior design can bedescribed as ‘Tropical Thai’ and all rooms are equipped with all you need for a comfortablegetaway.
From the moment you enter the hotel’s well designed lobby you’ll feel the tangible welcoming atmosphere with hotel staff members greeting you with polite smiles.
Just next to the reception area is the stylish DBar with an LED spiral chandelier bar high above your head. Here you can enjoy high-end spirits, mixed drinks and cocktails prepared by the experienced and friendly mixologist. A happy hour promotionis now on offer from 4-6pm daily.
Next to the bar is the hotel’s main restaurant, ‘Flavours’ serving Thai, Asian and Western cuisine for all-day dining.
Families with kids will love the hotel’s Kids’ World – designed purely for the joy of all youngsters aged between 4 -12 year old in this spacious creative area. Kids’ World features games, toys, a playground and attractive and stylish games capsules where kids can enjoy the latest PlayStation versions.
If you’re a fan of Irish Pubs, Swissotel’s The Drunken Leprechaun on its ground floor might be just the place you’re looking for. As the night falls, this traditional Irish pub will get you in the mood for entertainment and provides a rich selection of spirits, stouts, ales and lagers on tap, along with great live music.
On the 7th floor is the plush Swiss Lounge where exclusive business meetings and private informal casual gatherings are held. Swiss Lounge provides a peaceful atmosphere with free-flow light snacks and drinks all day long.
General Manager David Jamieson says: “I am thrilled and delighted to have theSwissôtel brand now present in Patong Beach and to spearhead its operation and its leadership team. Rebranding is not just changing the logo above the front door. It is about changing service mind-set of the people. Over the past several months the entire team has been working extremely hard to get the rebranding complete and we are excited to bring the upscale Swissôtel Resort Phuket Patong Beach toyou, our valued guests.
In a few months’ time we are proud to launch our brand-new rooftop ballroom with a capacity of 300 for meetings and functions. We also have several other projects that have been planned over the next two years.
Our aim is to ensure that Thai service with a smile is complemented by reliable and consistent Swiss hospitality.”
With 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry David Jamieson, a native of Australia, utilizes his international hospitality knowledge of the travel industry to aid in the success of the Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts in Patong Beach, Phuket. David Jamieson joined the dusitD2 Phuket Resortf or its rebranding early 2016. The hotel is now operated as the Swissôtel Resort Phuket Patong Beach since June 2016.
Phuket, Thailand, 1 August 2016 – Re-launching this month, The Slate will continue with the Na-Ranong’s family journey and the resort’s story and design ethos into an engaging, multi-dimensional experience. With a genuine and authentic Phuket heart at its core, The Slate, a member of Design Hotels, is set to push boundaries and be the destination of choice for a distinctive Phuket journey.
Last weekend my family and I took the opportunity to enjoy a stay at Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort on Bangtao Beach. We stayed in a Club Sea View Room which got the children very excited. The hotel’s design marries modern interiors with contemporary Thai style.