Bangkok, Thailand, 26 November 2016 – Amari representatives led by Mr. David Cumming (third from right), Vice President & Area General Manager, Bangkok, ONYX Hospitality Group, hand over e-waste products collected from hotel staff and their families to Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sutha Khaodhiar (third from left), Director of Chulalongkorn University’s Center of Excellence on Hazardous Substance Management (HSM), as part of the “Amari & Chula Love Earth” Campaign. All of the e-waste collected will be professionally managed by TES-AMM Thailand, a specialistin technology deployment, recovery, remarketing,and recycling.
A joint campaign between Amari hotels and resorts across Thailand and Chulalongkorn University’s Center of Excellence on Hazardous Substance Management, “Amari & Chula Love Earth” aims atraising public awareness on the importance of proper disposal and recycling of electronic waste such as old digital cameras, notebooks, mobile phones, batteries and chargers.
The campaign also includes educational sessions in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Samui, Krabi and Phuket by HSM for hotel staff, on the detrimental impact to human health and the environmentresulting from improper disposal and handling of e-waste.
Photo (From left – right)
1. Mr. Luc Scholte Van Mast, Managing Director, TES-AMM (Thailand) Company Limited
2. Asst. Prof Dr Manaskorn Rachakornkij, Director of Research and Academic Services, Center of Excellence on Hazardous Substance Management, Chulalongkorn University
3. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sutha Khaodhiar, Director of the Center of Excellence on Hazardous Substance Management, Chulalongkorn University
4. Mr. David Cumming, Vice President & Area General Manager, Bangkok, ONYX Hospitality Group
5. Ms. Lisa Thomas, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, ONYX Hospitality Group
6. Ms. Latiporn Tongkhunna, Executive Assistant Manager, Amari Watergate Bangkok