Director of Phuket Community Foundation, Janyaporn Morel has just announced that the foundation will organise an event “Race Day” on 7th November 2009 at Canal Village, Laguna Phuket to raise funds for charities.
The event focuses on fun activity so that it can also help promote Phuket’s tourism. The most prominent activity of the day will be first-time-in-Thailand Rubber Duck Race. The foundation has a plan to sell rubber duck at is US$5 (about ThB150) for each. Over 1,000 of rubber duck will be marked with the registered number before they are dumped and floated down a 500-metre race course. The first one that reach the finish line will be the winner and awarded many prizes. They will also have dragon boat race, kayak races, raft race, cardboard box race for kids and Muay Talay (sea boxing).
Duck numbers will be for sale over the internet by visiting www.phuketcharity.org/duck or locally at the following places.
- Woody’s Sandwich Shoppe, Cherng Talay
- Woody’s Sandwich Shoppe, Patong
- Woody’s Sandwich Shoppe, Chalong
- Lee Marine at Boat Lagoon
- Albatross Cafe at Canal Village, Laguna
- Wine & Taste in Cherng Talay
- Phuket FM Radio 91.5FM on 50 Pi Rd, Patong
- Phuket Sports Club, Chalong
- F1 Visa Run, Chalong
- Mike’s Bikes, Chalong
- Sundowners bar and restaurant, Rat-U-Thit Rd, Patong
- Mom Tri’s Boathouse, Kata
- Regatta Restaurant, Royal Phuket Marina (Sept 24-26 only)
- Da Sandro Gelati Natura, Chao Fa East Road
- Phuket International Hospital
- Kopi de Phuket, Phuket Road
- Kopi de Phuket,
- Phuket Bulletin & Blue Wave Office.
Find more details about the Race Day and the foundation at www.phuketcharity.org