Interested applicants must apply for Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarships through their local Rotary club. Timelines vary so only your local club can provide specific information about application deadlines. Availability varies by Rotary district also.
Program year 2010-11:
* Application materials for 2010-11 Ambassadorial Scholarships and Rotary Grants for University Teachers become available from the Rotary club in the applicant’s area of permanent residence or full-time study.
* Applicants must contact the nearest Rotary club to
- Determine whether scholarship funding is available
- Ask about local application deadlines
- Obtain application materials
January-15 July 2009
Applicants should complete the 2010-11 application, carefully researching possible institutions of study. There is no need to apply for or take language tests at this time.
September-15 December 2009
All 2010-11 scholarship applicants will receive notification of their study institution assignments (as long as their applications were submitted by the 1 October district deadline).
All 2010-11 scholarship recipients will receive a packet of information from the Foundation. This material outlines the steps they’re required to complete in preparation for their term.
Download the Ambassadorial Scholarships application form (PDF) at http://www.rotary.org/RIdocuments/en_pdf/139en.pdf.
Terms of scholarships
- Scholars are required to attend at least one orientation seminar if offered in their district or region. Orientation seminars include training on developing and delivering speeches and presentations.
- Study or training must be undertaken in another country or territory where there are Rotary clubs. It cannot take place in the country of the sponsor Rotary district.
- Although applicants are asked to list their preferred study locations, the Foundation Trustees reserve the right to make assignments to any suitable institution to ensure the widest possible geographical distribution of scholars. Candidates must be flexible in their study institution assignments.
- Scholars will not be assigned to a city, state, or province where they have lived or studied for more than six months. As a result, these scholarships are not appropriate for students seeking to continue their studies at a given university.
- Each scholar is responsible for applying directly to the assigned institution, gaining admission, obtaining required visas, and making travel arrangements. The scholarship may not be used in conjunction with a study-abroad program affiliated with a home-country institution.
- Scholars must locate funds to cover all expenses that are not specifically financed by their scholarships or for which their scholarships are not sufficient. Scholarships will not be increased to cover spouses, dependents, or anyone other than the scholar.
- Scholars may receive additional funding from other sources during the scholarship period, but the Foundation will not duplicate funds provided by these sources.
- Depending on tax laws in the home and host countries, the scholarships may be partially or fully taxable. It is the scholar’s responsibility to investigate tax regulations for scholarship funding.
- Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships may be used for almost any field of study but cannot be applied to unsupervised research, medical internships or residencies, or employment. Scholars planning to pursue medical studies are not permitted to engage in hands-on procedures or direct-care patient services during the scholarship period.
- Any applicant for Academic-Year Ambassadorial Scholarships whose native language is not that of the proposed country of study must submit evidence of the ability to read, write, and speak the language of that country. Academic-year scholarship candidates must also pass a language proficiency exam determined by the Foundation.
- Junkseilon, Phuket Merlin Hotel, Phuket 66-76-234 322
- Phuket South, Pearl Hotel, Muang Dist., Phuket 66-81 8922527
- Tongkah, Phuket Merlin Hotel 66816062828
- Laguna Phuket, Dusit Laguna Resort, Phuket +66 (0) 89 875 0448
- Andaman, Royal Phuket City Hotel, 154 Phang-Nga Rd., A. Muang 66-76-281058
- Phuket, Pearl Hotel 66-76-342017
- Patong Beach, Aloha Villa Hotel 66-76-222191