International Program of Frontier Biotechnology is a five-year program for master’s and doctor’s degrees for Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho) Scholarship Students.
The aim of this program is to expose young scientists to state-of-the-art research skills and indepth knowledge of advanced biology, chemistry and physics to harness the potential of biotechnology. The program encompasses both master and doctor courses, while emphasizing research that directly benefits society and the environment. Students are expected to enroll in these courses sequentially in order to obtain both master’s and doctor’s degrees.
- 157,000 JPY per month
- Air ticket (to and from Japan)
- Tuition fee exempted
Number to be Admitted: 10 each year
- Nationality: must be of the countries whose citizens are eligible for a Monbukagakusho Scholarship (Japanese Government Scholarship).
- Age: must be less than 35 years as of April 1, 2010 (i.e. born on or after April 2, 1975).
- Education: Must have graduated from a university or college and completed 16 years of formal study by September 30, 2010.
- Language ability: must have a good command of English.
Application Deadline: December 10, 2009
International Students Section
Academic Affairs Division
Graduate School of Engineering
2-1 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871
Download guidance to applicants: http://www.mls.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/FB_inter_prog/2010BF/2010_kokuhi_guide.pdf
Download application forms: http://www.mls.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/FB_inter_prog/2010BF/2010_kokuhi_form.pdf or http://www.mls.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/FB_inter_prog/2010BF/2010_kokuhi_form.xls
Program Start Date: October 1, 2010
Courtesy image of Osaka University from www.panoramio.com