The Thailand-U.S. Educational Foundation (Fulbright Thailand) in cooperation with the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) are pleased to announce the “Fulbright-Thailand Research Fund Junior Research Scholarship Program,” which is aimed to develop the capabilities of Thai university staff members to gain six months of research experience in the United States as part of their doctoral dissertation requirements.
Up to 7 grants will be available for the 2010 academic year. Two will be awarded under the Fulbright program and 5 will be under the Fulbright-TRF partnership.
- round-trip international airfare
- monthly stipend for six months
- books and supplies allowance
- an excess baggage allowance.
- must be a Thai university staff member at a tertiary level institution who is undertaking graduate work at the Ph.D. level in a Thai university;
- have the concurrence of the university Ph.D. program in which he/she is enrolled;
- have a paper-based TOEFL official score report of 525 or above (or at least 195 from a cbt or 71 from an ibt) or have IELTS official score report of 6.5 or above;
- obtain written confirmation (a letter of invitation) from a U.S. professor/scientist at the host institution that he/she will supervise the research
The deadline for submission is Friday, September 18, 2009.
Interested persons should contact Khun Cheewarat at 02-285-0581-2 ext. 107 for further information. Fulbright Thailand Office is open Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Thailand – United States Educational Foundation (TUSEF/Fulbright)
Thai Wah Tower 1, 3rd floor
21/5 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
Tel : (66) 0-2285-0581-2
Fax : (66) 0-2285-0583
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Download application form at http://www.fulbrightthai.org/data/application/Junior%20application%202010.doc
Download TOEFL ITP Fact Sheet & Application Form at http://www.fulbrightthai.org/data/application/ITP%20Fact%20Sheet%20and%20Application%20Forms.pdf