– Pullman Phuket Arcadia Naithon Beach
– Sofitel Krabi Phokeethra Golf and Spa Resort
– Pullman Khaolak Katiliya Resort & Villas
– Grand Mercure Phuket Patong Beach
– Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
– Novotel Phuket Karon Beach
– Novotel Phuket Resort
– Novotel Phuket Vintage Park
– All Season Naiharn Phuket
– Ibis Phuket Patong & Kata Beach & Ibis Style Krabi Aonang
Why Heartbreak Hill?
Heartbreak Hill refers to the 2 steep ascents in Saku during the race, considered difficult for the runners. It is not only elevation change which makes a hill tough but there is also the rate at which that change happens and at what point in the race, which also make a big difference.
Saku Hill will test runners at the start and toward the end of the race and the elevation is different for each climb. We want people to test themselves against the hill, you will either climb it or it will beat you and break your heart. To help encourage the runners we will have entertainment on the hill along with a cheer squad thanks to the school children, who this charity will support. There is no other mini marathon we are aware of on the island that has this type of difficulty. All of this will take place in the natural scenery around Naithon beach and Saku area where we hope to rename the hill “heartbreak hill” after the event as a reminder to those people training for our future mini marathon.
To encourage everyone to strengthen their bodies with exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle and to provide a social connection between runners, hotel guests, associates, school children, university students, government officers and the local communities of Phuket and nearby provinces.
This fundraising will support improving education and well-being of underprivileged children. Our priority is to raise funds for local schools in Phuket and nearby provinces and support to Accor Yim Kids Project part of ACCORHOTELS Corporate Social Responsibility.
What is “Yim Kids?”
Yim Kids was launched in Thailand in 2006 with the mission of improving the well-being of underprivileged children through the provision of healthcare aid as well as access to education..
FUN RUN – 4.5K
• Trophy for 1st-5th places for open male and female
• Gift prize for 1st place winner for open male and female
MINI-MARATHON – 10.5K
• Trophy for 1st-5th places for male and female of each category
• Gift prize for 1st place winner for male and female of each category
• Luxury prize for 1st place winner for overall male and female
• Lucky draw to win gift vouchers
We are honoured to have as our special guest “Khun Nisit Jansomwong”, Phuket Governor to perform the opening ceremony of the inaugural Accor “Heartbreak Hill” mini marathon 2015.