Shakers serves taste a tantalizing range of salads, burgers, sandwiches & paninis, pizza and Thai food everyday for you impeccable dining experience. We are waiting at Patong Beach, Phuket
Massaman curry paste originate from the south of Thailand, its similarity to Malaysian and Indain curry.With warm spices ingredients such as cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, moreover lemon glass, fish sauce and other Thai ingredients added. This curry paste can be used to make any type of dish by chicken, beef, tofu and lots of vegetables. Enjoy with Thai Food!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 red chillies (de-seeded, or leave seeds in a spicer curry)
- 1 thumb-size piece galangal (or ginger), peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves and bulb removed, then sliced thinly (save upper stems to throw into the pot )
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds, ground (grind them yourself in a coffee grinder, or use a pestle & mortar)
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds, ground (grind them the same way as the coriander)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, preferably ground from whole nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. ground cardamon
- 1 tsp. shrimp paste
- Pound dried chilies and salt thoroughly.
- Add galangal and lemon grass, and pound well.
- Add all rest ingredients. Pound well after each addition to obtain a fine paste.
Need to know: Massaman curry paste can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Source: temple of Thai, Thaifood
Pat’s Home Thai Cooking School are worldwide well-known as the first and best home cooking school in Phuket