Thai green curry is originated from central part of Thailand, but nowadays you can find it all around. This recipe highlights the delicious Thai eggplant. It is very easy to prepare, and always made with chicken and beef, served with jasmine rice.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste (ready made)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 30-40 Thai eggplant, mini size
- 1/2 cups water
- 500 g sliced chicken breast
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, each leaf torn in two
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 5 Thai chile peppers
- fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok, then fry the curry paste for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken, eggplant and kaffir lime leaves, stirring to combine. Add the fish sauce and sugar to the wok, stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked, then add basil and chile peppers. Serve with Thai jasmine rice.
Source: Import food