First international hotel brand in Phuket Old Town reveals the island beyond the beach
- Novotel Phuket Phokeethra is AccorHotels’ homage to the historic heart of this resort island. Situated close to the old quarter with its ancient architecture, Buddhist temples and Taoist shrines, the hotel offers inquisitive travellers an opportunity to immerse themselves in a time when prosperity first arrived on the island – not from tourists, but from the settlers who came from the Arabian Peninsula, China, India and Portugal, leaving behind a stunning heritage and blend of architecture.
- This is Phuket beyond the beach, where the curious can meander down charming streets lined with well-preserved Sino-Portuguese shophouses and mansions, many of which have been repurposed as boutiques and fabric shops, galleries, coffee shops and restaurants. Foodies can embark on a culinary journey at the bustling markets, street stalls and shophouse restaurants that offer distinctive local flavours, or discover the town’s fascinating past by exploring Dibuk, Thalang, Phang Nga, Yaowarat and Krabi roads by foot.
- The midscale Novotel brand offers travellers an ‘easy-living experience’ with spacious and modular rooms and stand-out meeting facilities with a commitment to guest wellbeing. Patrick Basset, Chief Operating Officer of AccorHotels Upper Southeast and Northeast Asia, says, “Novotel Phuket Phokeethra showcases the brand’s new eNergize identity with a collection of rejuvenating wellness facilities that sets a new benchmark under the Novotel brand. The hotel’s location in historic Phuket Old Town offers guests travelling to the ever-popular island an opportunity to experience a colourful side of one of Thailand’s oldest cities”
- Featuring 180 spacious rooms and suites with city, mountain and bay views, the hotel’s stylish rooms offer premium bathroom amenities, LCD TVs, and complimentary Wi-Fi and minibars. For wellness, fitness and relaxation, the hotel has a spa, gym and an indoor pool.
- An elegant counterpoint to the abundant street fare outside the hotel, the all-day dining restaurant, AMOR, serves delicious local and international cuisine, and the Sino-Portuguese-inspired Estrela Sky Lounge offers breathtakingly panoramic views of the city, the bay and the mountains, while the chic lobby lounge, LUA, is an inviting rendezvous point.
- For meetings, events and conferences, the hotel can accommodate up to 850 guests in its state-of-the-art Grand Ballroom with vaulted ceilings and offers four additional meeting rooms.
- With more than 30 beaches on the island, guests will never be far from the sea – Patong Beach, Kata Beach and Karon Beach are just a short ride from the hotel. A five-minute drive to Thalang Road and Promthep Clock Tower in Phuket Old Town and 40 minutes from Phuket International Airport, the hotel is located at 40 Chanajaroen Road, Tambol Talad Yai, Amphur Muang Phuket.
- From October 1st to December 20st, 2016, guests can enjoy a two-night stay at Novotel Phuket Phokeethra from THB 3,450+++ per night inclusive of a THB 1,000 credit that can be used on dining or spa treatments.
- For reservations please e-mail H9932-RE@accor.com, call +66 (0) 76-397-777, or visit www.novotel.com/9932 for more information.