On October 3rd 2012 at the Phuket Provincial Administration Organization (PPAO) Council Chambers, Chairman of the PPAO – Mr.Pradit Seangjan, together with PPAO President Mr.Paiboon Upattising and the Executive Council gathered to discuss the future aims of PPAO.
Mr Paiboon said that in next 4 years PPAO will aim for development in 8 areas, those being;
1. Improve political leaders; to ensure all have good governance methods, principles of integrity, transparency and to include public participation in monitoring of management.
2. To strengthen public health.
3. Studies; to support the development of quality education across schools in Phuket. Prepare for entering the ASEAN Economic Community.
4. Economy and tourism; to increase the number of visitors, enhance lifeguards to meet international standards.
5. To promote welfare and quality of life; care for the disabled & elderly patients with chronic illnesses, establish one-stop service for seniors, drug prevention centers, CCTV cameras, and traffic problems.
6. Infrastructure; improve water consumption, road drainage systems, public improvements to solve flooding problems and free bus services for students.
7. Information technology; develops channels to get information from Phuket people and visitors.
8. Environmental; forestry, fertilizer and natural regeneration with artificial reefs along the coast as per the Queen’s projects.