Phuket, Thailand: 10th July 2019 – Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Nai Yang Beach recently joined forces with nine other Marriott hotels and resorts in southern Thailand for 3rd annual “Andaman Sports Day.”
On July 6th, approximately 1000 associates from nine Marriott properties in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak competed in a series of sporting competitions, including soccer, running, badminton, sepak takraw, beach volleyball, chairball and table tennis and the latest added swimming. Each hotel had their theme set up at stadium and team of cheerleaders to motivate the athletes before the games began, and medals were awarded to the winners.
This year each resort tend to come up with sustainability theme set up and costumes which was great effort towards green awareness and it is one of the brand core value 360 doing good in every direction.
The Andaman Sports Day forms part of Marriott’s global “Take Care” program, which helps to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing of every associate.
Associates from nine stunning Marriott hotels and resorts in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak provinces, including senior executives, took part in this year’s Andaman Sports Day. These included: Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort; JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa; Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa; The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket; Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach; Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach; The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket; Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Krabi; and JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa.
Marriott International is the largest hotel group in Thailand.
Pictured (from left):
1. Mr. Kumar Lyander Director of Finance of Le Méridien Phuket Beach Resort
2. Mr. Gerd Kotlorz General Manager of Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
3. Mr. Matthias Y. Sutter General Manager, JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
4. Mr. Nicolai Mitchell Resident Manager of JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa
5. Ms. Kunthari Sangchat General Manager of The Westin Siray Bay Resort & Spa, Phuket
6. Mr. Trevor May General Manager of Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
7. Mr. Erich Friedl General Manager of The Naka Island, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Phuket
8. Mr. Ari Bialikamien Director of Food and Beverage of Phulay Bay, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, Krabi
9. Mr. Daryn Hudson General Manager of Four Points by Sheraton, Patong
10. Mr. Sander Looiien General Manager of Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa