Bangkok, Thailand, 9 October 2017 – Amari representatives led by Chatrapee Kantariyo (second from left), General Manager of Amari Residences Bangkok and Anna Rohm (third from right), Hotel Manager of Amari Watergate Bangkok hand over e-waste products collected from hotel team members and their families to Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sutha Khaodhiar (first from left), Director of Chulalongkorn University’s Centre of Excellence on Hazardous Substance Management (HSM), as part of the “Amari & Chula Love Earth” Campaign. All of the e-waste collected will be professionally managed by TES-AMM Thailand, a specialist in technology deployment, recovery, remarketing and recycling.
A collaboration between Amari hotels and resorts in Bangkok, Pattaya and Hua Hin and Chulalongkorn University’s Centre of Excellence on Hazardous Substance Management, “Amari & Chula Love Earth” is entering its second year and is aimed at raising public awareness on the importance of proper disposal and recycling of electronic waste such as old digital cameras, notebooks, mobile phones, printers, mobile phone batteries and chargers.
Amari has extended this collaboration after receiving positive feedback from team members and their families on the benefits brought about by enhanced awareness of e-waste disposal.
Photo (from left to right)
1. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Sutha Khaodhiar, Director of the Centre of Excellence on Hazardous Substance Management, Chulalongkorn University
2. Mrs. Chatrapee Kantariyo, General Manager of Amari Residences Bangkok
3. Mrs. Anna Rohm, Hotel Manager of Amari Watergate Bangkok
4. Mr. Luc Scholte Van Mast, Managing Director, TES-AMM (Thailand) Company Limited
5. Ms. Lisa Thomas, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, ONYX Hospitality Group