Make your office more environmentally friendly. Try these tips.
- Consider for compressed work weeks and/or use less telecommuting to reduces commuting and traffic, leading to fewer automobile emissions.
- If can, be better use laptop as it consumes less energy than a typical desktop PC.
- Think before you print. Make sure you print only what is necessary.
- Use both sides of a piece of paper. Try to reuse envelopes as many times as possible.
- Instead of disposable cups, use glasses, mug or water bottle.
- Be Consider refillable pens and mechanical pencils rather than disposable ones.
- Use paperclips rather than adhesive tape.
- Use crayons or colored pencils instead of solvent-based markers.
- Make sure you select a sleep or stand-by mode for your copy machine, printer and fax when unused.
- Turn off your computer and the power strip when you leave. Set a sleep mode for your computer while you are away for short time.
- Switch out your old standard light bulbs with energy saving bulbs.
- Turn off the lights when you’re leaving the room for 15 minutes or more. Use natural light if possible.
- Put it into action and share these with your colleagues.
Source: allbusiness.com, sierraclub.typepad.com, canadianliving.com, greenliving.lifetips.com