A trademark registration service (บริการรับเครื่องหมายการค้า) ordinarily safeguards brand names and logos utilized on labor and products. Copyright registration service (บริการจดลิขสิทธิ์) safeguards a unique creative or scholarly work. A patent registration service (รับจดสิทธิบัตร) safeguards a development. For instance, on the off chance that you design another sort of vacuum cleaner, you would apply for a patent to safeguard the actual innovation.
Entrepreneurs with an exact business name, witticism, logo, motto, or image to address their item, administration, or business might need to consider enlisting it as a trademark. It can be enlisted from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office or USPTO, a government organization, as well as a comparable state organization.
How Can One Register for a Trademark in Thailand?
Trademarks are enrolled with the Department of Intellectual Property (DIP). Notwithstanding, the candidate should have a decent location in Thailand – non-occupants can enlist by delegating a Thai occupant and giving them legal authority.
Candidates should realize that a few imprints are illegal under the Trademark Act, which includes:
- Any imprint in opposition to public ethical quality, request, or strategy;
- Marks that are indistinguishable from marks endorsed by Ministerial notices;
- Public banners or symbols of Thailand, regal standard banners, or public banners of unfamiliar nations;
- Illustrious names or monograms; or
- Marks are like decorations, recognitions, or testaments given by the Thai government or the Thai government office.
What are the Required Documents for the Registration of Trademark?
The archives and data required for Trademark Registration are as per the following:
- An electronic example of the imprint clearly, or in variety (max five cm by five cm);
- Complete name, address, nation, and control of the candidate;
- The portrayal of the administrations and products to be assigned;
- Authorized legal authority, where the application is made through a specialist;
- Nation, date, and number of the need brand name application, where asserting ‘right of need;
- Affirmed duplicate of the need application and interpretation into Thai, where guaranteeing ‘right of need; and
- Date of first utilization of the trademark (if any at the season of use).
Recording the Application
When the application is presented, the enlistment center will send a letter to tell the candidate of the consequence of the assessment within 12 to a year and a half. When the enlistment center has acknowledged the imprint, it will be distributed for 90 days to ensure there is no outsider resistance. On the off chance that the recorder dismisses the enlistment, a proper letter will be shipped off to the candidate based on the dismissal.
On the off chance that no resistance is submitted as of now, the imprint continues to enroll, and the declaration of enlistment is given. If resistance is recorded, the candidate should record a counter statement in 60 days, and the inability to do so will bring about the undoing of the application.
When the 90-day time frame has passed, there will be a solicitation made to the candidate to pay the authority expenses given by the enlistment center. This should be paid in 30 days or less.
In concluding the whole topic, Trademarks are enlisted with the Department of Intellectual Property, and non-occupants can enroll by selecting a Thai inhabitant by conceding them the overarching legal authority. Thailand’s new quick track framework for brand name restorations will guarantee that the assessment of utilizations and conceding of the testament of reestablishment just requires 45 minutes.
Trademarks, confirmation marks, aggregate stamps, and administration marks in Thailand are safeguarded under the Trademark Act B.E.2543 (1991) as altered by the Trademark Act (No.3) B.E.2559 (2017).
Article resources by TGC Thailand (tgcthailand.com) and Department of Intellectual Property (ipthailand.go.th)