Hotel Management and Operations, Fifth Edition provides a practical, up-to-date, and comprehensive approach to how professionals across the industry manage different departments within their operation. From the front office to finance, from marketing to housekeeping, this resource offers advanced theory played out in practical problems. Multidimensional case studies are a notable feature, with complex management problems portrayed from multiple viewpoints; “As I See It” and “Day in the Life” commentaries from new managers provide further real-world perspective. Covering the latest issues affecting the industry, this text gives students and professionals an up-to-date, dynamic learning resource.
Paperback: 512 pages
Publisher: Wiley; 5 edition (January 12, 2010)
Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 7.6 x 1 inches
Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
About the author
- Ph.D., Washington State University
- M.B.A., Washington State University
- B.A., Hotel & Restaurant Management, Washington State University
- Awards and Honors
- Journal of Business Ethics – Citation Classic for “A Review of the Empirical Ethical Decision-Making Literature: 1996-2003”. One of 33 “Citation Classics” that was selected for re-publication in the Journal of Business Ethics. Of 4,747 articles published in the Journal of Business Ethics in the past 30 years, this article is one of the top 33 most cited articles.
- Conference Best Reviewer, International CHRIE Annual Conference. July 2010
- R. Jarl Bliss Endowment for Faculty Fellowship in the College of Business, James Madison University. August 2008 to present.
- MED Global Forum Best Paper Award (Sponsored by U. of Manchester, Manchester Business School), Academy of Management Meeting. 2008
- Otto Brenner Memorial Outstanding Teaching Award, College of Business, James Madison University. 2008