On October 6th, Tri Akaradecha – the Governor of Phuket, Wannaprapa Sooksomboon – the Assistant Director of Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Phuket’s Office, and representatives of Phuket Tourism Association and Phang Nga Tourism Association, together held a press conference to congratulate the local Phuket & Phang Nga entrepreneurs who were recently awarded the TAT’s Thailand Outstanding Tourism operators and Tour Guides for 2010, as Phuketindex already reported on 28 September.
The awards were given to:
- Bang Rong Community for ‘COMMUNITY-BASED TOURISM ATTRACTIONS in Southern Region’
- Kata Thani Phuket Beach Resort for ‘Award of Excellence in TOURIST ACCOMMODATION RESORT HOTELS With More Than 80 Rooms in Southern Region’
- The Royal Paradise Hotel and Spa Phuket as ‘Award of Outstanding Performance in TOURIST ACCOMMODATION RESORT HOTELS With More Than 80 Rooms in Southern Region’
- Yao Noi Island Tourism Association, Phang Nga for ‘Award of Excellence, FOR TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTIONAL ORGANIZATIONS in Southern Region’
- Phuket City Municipality’s Conserved commercial zone of Phuket old town for ‘Award of Outstanding Performance in the AWARDS FOR TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AND PROMOTIONAL ORGANIZATIONS in Southern Region’
- Sukko Spa Phuket for the ‘AWARDS FOR HEALTH TOURISM DAY SPA in Southern Region’
- Bangkok Hospital Phuket for ‘Award of Excellence in HEALTH TOURISM HOSPITAL (PRIVATE)’
- Banyan Tree Spa Phuket for ‘Award of Outstanding Performance in DESTINATION SPAs
- Barracuda Diving for ‘DOMESTIC TOUR PROGRAMMES for Southern region’ and 9 Outstanding Tour Guides in this region.
The Assistant Director of TAT Phuket, said their successes has demonstrated a good future for the tourism service sector, because their establishments and service providers set a good example of the promotion and tourism development of Phang Nga and Phuket, leading to an international joint development in the future.