2:06 am - Monday September 26, 2016

Etihad Holidays, a division of Etihad Airways, has announced a new cooperative agreement with the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) to promote holiday packages to Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Koh Samui, as it aims to attract more Middle Eastern visitors to the Kingdom.

Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer of Etihad, said that as part of a special promotion running throughout March 2010, Etihad Airways would offer travellers the best value-for-money holiday packages to Thailand – known as the land of smiles.

Mr Baumgartner said: “Thailand is one of our key holiday destinations, offering travellers a rich culture and history and a vibrant nightlife. This is backed by the warm hospitality for which the Thai people are renowned.”

The Middle East is regarded as one among the main emerging markets in which TAT is aiming its tourism promotion activities. The record shows that there’s a steady growth during the past years from this region. Marketing and sales promoting activities are, therefore, critical in encouraging and maintaining further long-term growth.

Etihad Holidays guests are being offered a range of bonus privileges at various hotels, including additional complimentary nights, free room upgrades, breakfast, airport transfers and attractive discounts on a wide selection of services. The packages, combining airfares and accommodation, include offers to Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Koh Samui.

Mr Baumgartner said: “Etihad is committed to forging strong partnerships with tourism bodies and service providers in all of our destinations, to give our customers access to the best range of holiday packages under our Etihad Holidays World Deals.”

Etihad Holidays offers its World Deals programme to destinations across the globe including Europe, US, Africa, Middle East and Asia as well as Etihad’s newest destinations in Japan and Sri Lanka.

About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways is the national airline of the United Arab Emirates based in the UAE’s capital, Abu Dhabi. Currently Etihad Airways offers flights to 60 destinations in the Middle East, Europe, North America, Africa, Australia and Asia.

For further details, visit www.etihadairways.com or www.etihadmediacentre.com
FOR TICKETS AND RESERVATIONS, please contact:
Etihad Airways Bangkok Tel: 02-2530099 or BKKTKT@etihad.ae

Filed in: Features, Travel & Food

Facebook Comment

5 Responses to “Etihad joins hands with TAT bringing in more middle-eastern tourists to Thailand”

1. Patrick Climer
    March 13, 2010 at 10:35 pm #

You know, I have to tell you, I genuinely savour this site and the informative insight. I find it to be refreshing and quite informative. I wish there were more blogs like it. Anyway, I felt it was about time I posted a comment on Etihad joins hands with TAT bringing in more middle-eastern tourists to Thailand – Phuket News and Scoop – I just wanted to tell you that you did a sweet job on this. Cheers mate!

2. Stephani Capels
    March 17, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

Nice one! If I could write like this I would be well chuffed. The more I see articles of such quality as this (which is rare), the more I think there might be a future for the Net. Keep it up, as it were.

3. Cesar Lofquist
    March 17, 2010 at 3:20 pm #

Hi – I want to say thank you for an interesting post about a subject I have had an interest in for a long time now. I have been looking in and reading the posts avidly so just wanted to express my thanks for providing me with some very good reading material. I look forward to more, and taking a more proactive part in the discussions here, whilst picking up some knowledge too!!

4. Samui Villas
    March 18, 2010 at 8:36 pm #

I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this articles but also for his all previous efforts. I found http://phuketnews.phuketindex.com/travel/etihad-joins-hands-with-tat-bringing-in-more-middle-eastern-tourists-to-promote-holiday-packages-to-bangkok-phuket-pattaya-and-koh-samui-174967.html to be greatly interesting. I will be coming back for more articles. Have a great day!

5. Koh Samui
    March 28, 2010 at 8:43 pm #

A little advice on Koh Samui please? I am off to Koh Samui in the last week of March 3 nights. I wondered if anyone had been at this time and what the weather was like? I have looked on many websites and have read diffrent things about the weather at this time of year? I am also unsure of how much spending money to take? Any other tips on Koh Samui would be great!