The Laguna Phuket Triathlon 2010 is scheduled on Sunday, 28 November commencing at 7.00am.
We aim to produce an international standard event with the safest possible race conditions for approximately 900 participants, and traffic control is our greatest logistical challenge so we need EVERYONE within LP to cooperate.
IMPORTANT: A traffic detour will be enforced for all Laguna inbound traffic from 8.15am – 11.00am via Laguna Link. Inbound traffic will be strictly controlled at main entrance of Laguna Phuket, please kindly avoid the road in restricted time.
Laguna Central Car Park
The Central Car Park will only be accessible from the Quest-LBR access road between 7.00 – 11.00am as the LBR entrance road will be blocked to traffic. Staff who park at the Central Car Park will have to walk to/from the Dusit-Sheraton T-Junction where the Staff Shuttle will collect/drop-off during 7-11am.
We strongly recommend deterring all unnecessary traffic within Laguna Phuket by guests, suppliers, contractors and staff on the morning of 28 November.
Please inform all suppliers, tour operators, ground operators and staff about the road restrictions within Laguna and the below listed road restrictions applicable to the entire bike course which impacts airport traffic.
IMPORTANT: SUN 28 NOV 7.00 – 10.45am AVOID ROAD 4030 (CHERNGTALAY POLICE STATION – LAGUNA – BAN DON – THALANG). TRAFFIC TO/FROM PATONG, KAMALA OR SURIN GOING TO/FROM BAN DON, THALANG OR THE AIRPORT ARE ASKED TO USE SRISOONTORN ROAD 4025 VIA THE HEROINES MONUMENT.
Traffic to/from the airport should use airport road (4026) linking to Thepkrasatri Road (402). Avoid the following roads, which police will close at certain times for the triathlon bicycle race.
Road / Restricted Times
- Naithon Road (Ban Don to Naithon) – 4031 (old airport road) junction 07.30am – 09.15 am
- Old airport road (4031) from 402 – 4026 (new airport road) junction 08.00am – 11.00 am
- Old airport road (4031) from Naithon Road junction – 4026 junction 09.00am – 10.45am (This section of road will be completely closed to all traffic, as there will be 2-way bike traffic)
- Small roads north west of Thalang 08.15am – 10.30 am
- Thalang back roads – 4030 (Thalang-Cherngtalay Road) 08.30am – 10.30am
- Cherngtalay – Talang (4030) 08.30am – 11.45am
- All Laguna Phuket roads 07.00 am – 12.15pm
In particular the following roads will be temporarily closed throughout the morning:
Road from Laguna entrance gate to Laguna Beach Resort y-junction 07.15 am – 08.15 am
Road from Laguna Beach Resort y-junction to Laguna Beach Resort 07.15 am – 11.00 am
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the temporary roadblocks and traffic restrictions, and thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
For further information on road restrictions call
– Ms. Varanya Cheranond Tel.076 362 300 Ext.1408
– Mr. Charlie Sae-Jung Tel.089 666 0725
Bike Course Map – Laguna Phuket Triathlon 2010