Every Year BIS Phuket organizes a truly special international event: The 7-a-side football tournament! Friday and Saturday, 5 & 6 November, will see this year’s tournament take place once again at BIS Phuket.
25 Schools from around the South East Asian region will once again send a number of teams to compete in the tournament. We expect a similar turnout to last year, when around 850 young footballers came to BIS Phuket.
The International Tournament here at BIS Phuket is a truly fantastic event for all involved. Spectators generally enjoy the carnival atmosphere and the great football skills on display.
Furthermore it is not everyday that one gets to see young football players from Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, China, Indonesia, Korea and other regions in Thailand competing against each other in a friendly football spirit. It is great to see the friendships that are forged and the cultural exchange that goes on between the teams. The students benefit a lot from this kind of event and it is a pleasure to see them doing so.
Local government schools are also invited to attend, as is the local Youth Football Home, which will bring its truly exiting squad of young Thai footballers.
The BIS Phuket Football Tournament is sponsored by BAKE, Phuket’s Most Exciting & Stylish Contemporary Bakery, as well as renowned Insurance Brokers Lawton Asia.
We hope to see you here next weekend for this exiting international event. In the words of BIS Phuket’s Headmaster, Dr. George Hickman:
“We would like everyone to remember that this tournament is meant to reflect a set of friendly games and a clear exhibition of sportsmanship both on and off the field. We hope that everyone will leave with memories of warm friendships from previous tournaments, along with new and lasting friendships from this weekend. While we all know that it is nice to win, our philosophy is that winning is not everything; it is the experience and how you play the game that is of most importance.”
Schedule of BIS International 7-a-side Football Tournament 5 & 6 November, 2010
Friday 5th November
- 7:15 to 7:45 – Teams arrive
- 7:50 – Welcome from Dr George Hickman , Head of School and a word from our sponsors, Lawton Asia and Bake.
- 8:00 – National Anthem
- 8:15 – First games start
- 11:30 to 13:00 – Staggered lunch
- 16:00 – End of days play
Saturday 6th November
- 7:45 to 8:15 – Teams arrive
- 8:15 – Un 11 Boys, Un 11 Girls, Un 13 girls, Un 15 boys, Over 15 Girls league continue
- 8:30 – Un 13 Boys, Over 15 Boys play offs, Un 9, Under 15 Girls play-offs
- 11:30 to 13:00 – Staggered lunch
- 12:30 – Un 11 Boys play-offs
- 14:00 – 15:00 – Finals
- 15:30 – Coaches game
- 16:00 – Awards Ceremony
- 16:30 – BBQ
- 17:00 – Teams depart
- Alice Smith School, Malaysia KLASS
- Bangkok Patana BPAT
- British International School Jakarta BISJ
- British International School Phuket BISP
- British International School Vietnam BISV
- Dulwich College Beijing DCB
- Dulwich College Seoul DCSL
- Garden International School, Kuala Lumpur GIS
- HeadStart Phuket HDS
- Harrow International School HIS
- International Community School Bangkok ICS
- International School Brunei ISB
- International School Kuala Lumpur ISKL
- JSSL Arsenal, Singapore JSSL
- KIS International School, Thailand KIS
- Patong Girls School , Phuket PAT
- QSI Phuket QSI
- Shrewsbury International School Bangkok SHB
- St Andrew’s School Bangkok SAS
- St Christopher’s School, Penang SCIPS
- Tanglin Trust School, Singapore TTS
- Thalang Tigers, Phuket TTigers
- The Regents School Pattaya RPAT
- Taipei European School TES
- Youth Football Home Phuket YFH