Being able to work legally in Thailand is obviously the main reason for having a Thai Work Permit but it is not the only benefit of having one. There are several other benefits which you are entitled to and these are listed below. However, please note that some will not apply until you have had your work permit for at least 2 or 3 years.
- You can get annual tax return
- You can open a bank account or computer banking
- You can get a mobile phone account or telephone line
- You can apply for Thai credit card if your statement is good
- You can apply for a Thai Bank loan if your statement is good
- You can purchase a car or Motorbike in your name
- You can purchase a Motorbike on credit
- You can apply for permanent residents permit
- You can apply for a Thai driver license
If visiting a tourist attraction and dual pricing applies (Thai and farang) you can often gain entrance for the Thai price.
If you do not hold a valid work permit it is sometime possible to benefit from the above with a Certificate or Letter of Residence issued by Thai immigration or the Embassy. The letter or certificate should be no more than 30 days old.