What curry could be more satisfying to the tastebuds than Thai Green Curry?
Thai green curry can be made with every kinds of meat and also eaten with rice or with round rice noodles known as Khanom jeen. Firstly we have to do Thai green curry paste and it is very easy! – next time is for cooking Thai green curry chicken.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 15 large fresh green hot chilies
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 9 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp finely sliced fresh galangal
- 1 tbsp sliced fresh lemon grass
- 9 tsp finely sliced kaffir lime rind
- 1 tsp chopped coriander root
- 5 white peppercorns
- 1 tbsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- Combine coriander seeds, cumin and peppercorn in a mortar, pound well. Transfer to a bowl and put aside.
- Pound hot chilies and salt together well. Add the remaining ingredients except shrimp paste, pound until mixed well.
- Add the cumin mixture and shrimp paste, continue pounding until smooth and fine.
Need to know: Paste can be stored in refrigerator for 2 weeks or might be up to 3months if it also be frozen.
Source: Temple of Thai