Software Park Phuket is organizing FREE weekly activities(Tech.Talk) for people interested in building the ICT community in Phuket. They’re trying to bring together people who want to share and help, with topics that range from explaining new technology to real-life experiences with technology here in Phuket.The activities will be every Thursday from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
They’ll meet on the third floor of Software Park Phuket, on Chao Fah West Road.
In this week (July 22, 2010), They will talk about “How we work! Business Oriented Entrepreneurship and Social Engagement to build up a sustainable development for the future”
* The way we work:
We work differently than most traditional companies. We’re in business to make a difference in the world we live in. We’ve started with making our company a better place to work in
- we’re an extremely democratic and transparent organization
- we’ve got distinct profitable-units who take decisions on their internal process, documentation, project communication processes fairly independently
- everyone’s salary is made known to each person
- there’s a core-committee comprising key people across all groups; this committee gives overall direction to the company
- there’s 20% profit sharing each quarter across all groups on achieving the targets; these targets have also been agreed to in the core-committee; each person has a single vote
- groups evolve their own appraisal mechanisms for distributing profits among the members
- all salary/remuneration corrections, including those for group heads, have to be approved by the group and then brought to the core-committee for final approvals; this leads to people setting their own salaries
- people are encouraged to work from home as often they like; only the group-heads are kept in the loop on their activities (even the holidays and slow-work days)
- We take care as much as we can for our future generation – the kids of our employees and their families.
- we have regular team building and family activities
- we encourage and support our employees to work on social projects i.e provide trainings of many different kinds for underpriviledged and poor people.