“Phuket Fun Fly” (See Paragliding Through Camera lens)
Sponsored by: – Canon Marketing (Thailand) Company Co.Ltd.
Event location: – Nai Harn Beach, Rawai, Muang, Phuket
Date of competition: 21-22 May 2010 (from 12.00 Midday)
Objectives. To promote the sport of Paragliding flights in Phuket and products by Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
– Thais and foreigners who use a Digital Compact Camera or Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) by Canon.
Rules for the photo submitted:
- The photo must be taken with DSLR cameras or Canon Digital Compact cameras.
- You can only use color and lighting techniques from the camera functions such as Picture Style / Picture Style Editor. All images must not be retouched in any process customized by Application Software from any computers.
- All images submitted must be in a highest resolution and in JPEG File only (All RAW FILES will be disqualified).
- A concept of creativity.
- Meanings and accuracy with the theme of the paragliding contest
- Professional photographers or expert photographers representing Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Danai Pli-Komon, President of Professional Photographer Association Phuket.
- Mr. Somchai Yim-Pat, an independent photographer and a former teacher of Prince of Songkla University, Phuket campus.
- Mr. Suparerk Teepapan, an independent photographer and the owner of www.phuketneophoto.com.
- Mr. Kitti Tantibanpakun, an independent photographer and the owner of www.phuketoutdoor.net.
Prizes for winners:
- 1st Prize: Digital Camera Model EOS 550D worth 32,900 Baht
- 2nd Prize: Digital Camera Model Power Shot G11 worth 20,900 Baht
- 3rd Prize: VDO Camcorder Camera Model FS306 worth 11,900 Baht
- Two honorable mention awards: Printer model MP258 worth 2,190 Baht
- The Competition Management Committee will also honor the top 10 participants by announcing the top 10 final photos.
Rules and Regulations:
- Submitted photo must respond to the ideas and topics assigned to the contest.
- Submitted photos must only show activities on the event from 21-22 May 2010. Each contestant is allowed to send only 1 photo and that photo could not be changed after it is submitted.
- Submitted photo must never have been seen in public, published in books or documents or any drawings made for distribution and on a website; and never received any awards before.
- The judges have the total right in decisions and resolutions for all contest categories. Therefore, the contest results from the judges are final and conclusive.
- All photos submitted are allowed to be used by the Glider Club (Thailand), Paragliding Club Phuket and the Contest Organizing Committee to be selected to publish for Non-commercial use without permission and compensation to the photo owner.
- All photos submitted can be used by Phuket province and Canon Marketing (Thailand) Ltd. to publish and present in any goods and media without permission and compensation to the photo owner.
- The Photo Contest Phuket Fun Fly by Canon 2010 participants shall acknowledge the competition rules and regulations, and agree to comply or accept the rules and regulations as mentioned above.
- The contestants acknowledge, accept and agree to follow the rules and regulations of the contest “Photo Contest : Phuket Fun Fly by Canon 2010”.
- The judges have all the rights of making decisions and resolute results from the judges are final and conclusive.
- Executives and employees of Canon Marketing (Thailand) Co., Ltd., BMS Event Organizer Co., Ltd. and Phuket Alpha Co., Ltd. are not allowed to participate.
- The contest result will be announced on May 23, 2010 at 3:00 pm. at the contest area of Phuket Fun Fly 2010, Nai Harn Beach.
Applying to competition and sending picture.
- Free of charge to sign up for a competition.
- All participants must submit the application in advance. An application forms are available at the Phuket Alpha Store, 3rd floor, Central Festival Phuket or apply via the website www.phuketparagliding.com, www.phuketalpha.com, www.phuketoutdoor.net and www.phuketneophoto.com, within May 13, 2010. However, the judges may consider opening for more additional applications to apply after the deadline without notice.
- The first 100 applicants will have an exclusive access to free training on a topic of Techniques of Photography by speakers from Canon Marketing (Thailand) Company Limited on 15 or 16 of May 2010. Also the selected participants will receive a souvenir which is a Canon T-shirt. Please confirm to attend the training on an application.
- On the day of the competition, those selected 100 participants must wear the given Canon T-shirts and all must wear a signed tag which the competition committee provides during the competition.
- All participants can submit or send their photos at the division of The Photo Contest: Phuket Fun Fly by Canon (Canon booth) in front of Nai Harn beach area before 12.00 pm (noon/midday) on Saturday, 22 May 2010 only.