“A Lifeguard & First Aid Training” will be held on 20th – 21st March 2010 and 27th – 28th March 2010 at Phuket International Academy (PIA). It is a collaboration between PIA and the Northern Hotel Marketing Committee (NHMC) which are:
- SALA Phuket Resort and Spa
- JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa
- Anantara Phuket Resort and Spa
- Renaissance Phuket Resort and Spa
- Aleenta Resort & Spa Phang -Nga
The training is about “Basic Water Rescue” with the purpose to provides individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent recognizer and respond to aquatic emergencies. We prepare individuals for aquatic emergencies by teaching them how to protect themselves while assisting others. This qualifications is the basic requirement for those wishing to gain employment as Lifeguard.
- Recognize, respond, and prevent aquatic emergencies.
- Perform self rescue skills.
- Provides assistance to others using a variety of rescues.
- Perform proper techniques for possible head, neck or back injuries on land and in shallow water.
- 2 Days – 78 hours/day
- Introduction & Review of content in Level 1 course
- Define an Emergency Action Plan
- Entering The Water, Understanding Risk f Rescue And The Causes of injury and Drowning.
- Perform Defenses and Releases
- Rescues Using Aids, Contact and Non-Contact Rescues.
- Dmonstrate Drags & Walking Assists.
- Survival Techniques such as HELP and Huddle Positions.
- Describe Actions to Take to Prevent or Dalay Hypothermia & Heart related Illnesses.
- Caring for Someone Haing a Seizure in the Water
- Rescue Breathing Mouth to: Mouth, Nose, Mask & CPR
- Using AED
- Head, Neck & back Injuries
- General First Aid & First Aid Kits