1:55 am - Wednesday September 28, 2016

Phuket Now Showing : IRON MAN 2

With the world now aware of his dual life as the armored superhero Iron Man, billionaire inventor Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) faces pressure from the government, the press, and the public to share his technology with the military. Unwilling to let go of his invention, Stark, along with Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), and James “Rhodey” Rhodes (Don Cheadle) at his side, must forge new alliances — and confront powerful enemies.

After confessing his identity as Iron Man to the world, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) comes under fire from the United States Government who demand he hand over the powerful weapon that is the Iron Man suit. As the Government attempts to create a duplicate suit with the assistance of Stark’s rival, Justin Hammer (Sam Rockwell), Tony’s long time friend Jim Rhodes (Don Cheadle) is put center stage in the conflict. Meanwhile, a mysterious and dangerous foe emerges in Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke), who creates an alternate and powerful persona known as Whiplash in order to exact revenge on the Stark family once and for all… it isn’t long before he unites with Hammer in an effort to destroy Iron Man. With the arrival of his shady new assistant (Scarlett Johansson), and persistent recruitment attempts from S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), Stark needs all the help he can get in order to overcome the obstacles.

Phuket Movies Showtimes »

Filed in: Art & Entertainment, Features

Facebook Comment

6 Responses to “Phuket Now Showing : IRON MAN 2”

1. Lemuel Buchmiller
    May 3, 2010 at 9:42 pm #

I found your blog filled with great info.

2. Movie
    May 4, 2010 at 1:10 am #

Wow, I love watching movies. I’d be so lost without TV and the internet ahhah. After a difficult day at work, there’s really nothing better then lying down with your girlfriend, and either watching a downloaded movie, or watching a rented movie on your HD PC (haha). Watching movies at the Cinema is alright, however I get so uncomfortable, it’s really annoying.

3. Shea Keckler
    May 11, 2010 at 1:06 am #

Robert Downey JR is definitely a hot guy. The film Iron Man 2 is awesome. I can’t get enough of it!

4. Ryse Edwards
    May 12, 2010 at 1:11 pm #

The thing that is so hard to do in films is to make your content convincing. This is why so many other films fail. Favreau does not fail. I was worried going into Iron Man 2 that it wasn’t going to live up to its hype and its prequel. But it did. The only criticism I have is that it is a bit slow for its type of movie. However, the content within the slower scenes is often filled with witty dialogue, low-key visual spectacles, and some confusing concepts. What I’m trying to get at is that Iron Man’s audience is typically smaller children, and for them, I would say this movie is going to be a bit boring, for it lacks in the action department for the most part. But what may be its downfall box-office-wise is also its greatest accomplishment. Much like the Dark Knight, Iron Man 2 takes the superhero world and not-cheesily but convincingly conveys what it would be like in today’s world. Not to mention we actually see Tony Stark go through a hero cycle in this one, without taking away his compulsive and loud personality. All in all, Iron MAn’s long awaited release was worth it in my eyes. It was a perfect movie to kick off the Summer hype films and it makes me eager to watch what else Favreau has planned for the franchise.

5. Keledjian
    June 5, 2010 at 12:08 am #

Wonderful insight:-)

6. John McInerny
    June 5, 2010 at 7:33 am #

Thank you for keeping us updated. I really appreciate it and find all the information very useful.